Monday, February 21, 2011

The Birth of a Term . . . "Day of Rage"

There are a lot of terms being bandied about during the current dramas that, for lack of a better description, have great propaganda value.  One of them is the phrase "Day of Rage" - I can't help thinking of Days of Thunder every time I hear it, by the way, which is sophomoric, but nonetheless true.  Regardless, earlier today, while working on my still-not-quite-up-to-date timeline spreadsheet of the disruptions (I'll post it on here as soon as it is something close to useful) I came upon this article on MSNBC by Petra Cahill explaining the (possible) roots of the concept, I decided it should definitely be shared - I like the fact that there is this sense that the concept is domestic and/or traditional when it is imported and, frankly, pretty new.

No comments:

Post a Comment